A collection of resources that are related to software and/or sustainability.
Orgs and Thought Leaders
- NECTAR – The National eResearch Collaboration Tools and Resources project
- Berkeley Institute for Data Science
- Sustainable Cities Collective – a moderated community for leaders of major metropolitan areas, urban planning and sustainability professionals.
- Alternative Technology Association – a not-for-profit organisation that enables, represents and inspires people to live sustainably in their homes and communities.
- Living Future Institute – mission is to “to lead and support the transformation toward communities that are socially just, culturally rich and ecologically restorative.” Runs the Living Building Challenge net-zero program.
- MIT Sustainable Design Lab – “an inter-disciplinary group with a grounding in architecture that develops design workflows, planning tools and metrics to evaluate the environmental performance of buildings and neighborhoods”
- Ecography – empirical and theoretical work in spatial ecology, macroecology and biogeography.
- Consilience Journal – a journal on sustainable development.
- Sustainability: Science, Practice & Policy – a peer-reviewed, open-access journal on sustainability science and policy practice.
- Sustainability Science in PNAS – the sustainability science section of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS) in the US.
- RE4SuSy 2015 – Requirements Engineering for Sustainable Systems 2015 (Ottowa, Canada).
- “The Art of Energy Efficiency: Protecting the Environment with Better Technology” by Arthur H. Rosenfeld. (Annu. Rev. Energy Environ. 1999. 23:33-83)